Thursday, August 19, 2004


I gave the other bag away to my Mom so I have made another for myself. I was noticing that every bag I saw was striped horizontally (of course) so I had to be different and make mine verticle.


This is the back. I know it's weird that it is so different from the front, but it suits me, I'm weird too.

With this one I made sure to make plenty of cord for the strap so I could hang it from my shoulder. That will be much better since I need both my hands to deal with my little howler monkeys.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

The bag is awesome! I love, love, love the vertical stripes! How did you knit it?

August 20, 2004 at 4:50 AM  
Blogger A said...

I knit it flat, just back and forth with an extra rectangle sticking out on the first section before binding off that part. Then I seamed it up around that rectangle section. It was easy to seam because I knew it would be felted and didn't have to perfect.

I'm glad you like it.

August 20, 2004 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Axelle said...

It's beautiful! And very cleverly knit! I think I prefer vertical stripes too. Lovely work, Alyx.

August 20, 2004 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger A said...

Verticle stripes are slimming!!!

August 20, 2004 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger eyeleen said...

What a great idea! I love the stripes.

August 22, 2004 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home