Thursday, September 02, 2004

Limey


I finally got the back of Lime done. I've been working on it forever but that is because this is the first time I have created a pattern for a garment from scratch. I'm pleased with it so far, though it is kind of hard to tell since it hasn't been blocked yet and is only half of a sweater. I say half because this is a sleeveless. (I was thinking ahead and knew I didn't want to tackle sleeves on my first make it up as I go along project)

I got my yarn for the DNA along. I am going to make the DNA scarf for my husband, J, so I let him pick the yarn. It's 100% alpaca from Blue Sky Alpacas. In olive I believe (if it isn't called olive it could be.)

My stepmother got her first look at my knitting tonight and she loved my bag. She asked me to make her one. I can't think of a better compliment than that really.

I don't think I'll be getting too much knitting done in the next few days, sadly. Tonight I am baking a "pretty pony" cake that I will be decorating tomorrow for the big "Pretty Pony Party" on Saturday. I also have to wrap presents, buy groceries, make a birthday cd, and a million other things. Along with all of the afore mentioned I have my Dad and Stepmother in town and will have my michael in town starting tomorrow. It will be a good, busy, weekend. I'm thinking by the time it is all over I will be well ready for a little knitting though.

Oh and for anyone who might really be following me along, my new nephew Daylon is the strongest 7 week old ever and J's Mamaw's arm surgery went well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home